Cinnamon rolls, yum..... It seemed like a delicious comfort food after the week I've had with children, home renovations, dear hubby out on business, and St Patty's celebration recuperation. I pulled out of my pantry and fridge the staples needed to make these delicious, delectable, comforting cinnamon rolls. My family seemed to agree. These delicious little gems of a roll were given a unanimous two thumbs up!
|“C'mon, Amy, cinnamon rolls are calling us." Dan put a hand to his ear. "Do you hear? 'Amy? Dan?'" he squeaked. "'Come and get my sugary, sticky goodness!” |
― Jude Watson
2 packages Pillsbury's French Loaf dough
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon maple sugar ( Find here: http://www.amazon.com/Coombs-Family-Farms-25-Ounce-Container/dp/B000JJHDVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332611244&sr=8-1)
1 Tablespoon cream cheese
1 Tablespoon Half and Half
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 Tablespoon maple sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead the two packages of dough together about five times. Then roll the dough out into a roughly 9x9 inch square.
4. Brush the top of the dough with 3 tablespoons of the melted butter. Then sprinkle the cinnamon, sugar, maple sugar mixture over the melted butter. Please leave a 1/2 inch border around the edge of the dough plain.
5. With a teaspoon of water, brush the 1/2 inch border. Then roll the dough into a tight log. Pinch to seal the long seam shut. Most importantly, do not allow dear dog to eat the roll as she helps you to clean up the flour at this point.
6. With the seam side down, cut into six even pieces with a large, serrated knife. Place in a buttered pan or on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Brush tops with the remaining 1 Tablespoon butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and granulated sugar. At this point, be ready for dear son to tell you to stop taking pictures for blog and "more to the baking!".
7. Bake in oven until golden brown for approximately 20-25 minutes. They should be a lovely golden brown. There will be some delicious carmelized sugar on the parchment paper once baked. Not to worry, this is a wonderful little perk to serve on the plate with the roll.
Drizzle glaze over slightly cooled buns. Serve.
Cost: $1.30 per cinnamon roll