Himalayan Cinnamon-Berry Coffee Cake
1 and 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
2/3 cups olive oil
1 :Meyer lemon, juiced to about 1/4 cup
1 cup raw sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 and 1/2 cups white all purpose flour
2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 and 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan cinnamon
4 and 1/2 cups assorted washed berries (please slice strawberries)
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons Himalayan cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease two 8x8 inch or one 9x13 inch baking pan with baking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla extract til smooth and glossy.
4. In a large bowl, mix together gently flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon. Add berries and gently fold into flour mixture to combine well and coat berries with flour. Make a well in the center of the flour and berry mixture. Pour in all at once the liquid folding gently to moisten and combine the mixture til a nice batter consistency is obtained.
5. Pour batter into the one large baking sheet or evenly into the two small baking sheet. I prefer to make two cakes so that I have one for our family and one to give away to a friend in need of a little TLC.
6. Combine brown sugar, melted butter, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop onto the cake batter evenly around the cake top.
7. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until tester comes out clean and cake is nice and brown on top. Let the cake cool before slicing into it. Enjoy utter deliciousness!!
Servings: 15-20 depending on size of slices
Cost: $0.50 per slice approximate