|Froggy taking a zen moment contemplating the deliciousness of meyer lemons....|
Meyer Lemon Marmalade Breakfast Bars
2 tablesponns flaxseed meal
3/4 cup ground up All Bran cereal
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks of butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cup meyer lemon marmalade
Pre-preparation: If you want an easy way to ground up your All Bran cereal, take a look at this little gadget.
2. Add vanilla to dry mixture.
3. Using a pastry fork or your fingers to incorporate, add the butter pieces a handful at a time.
|Flour mixture and butter combined with pastry fork.|
4. Press half of the crumb mixture at a time into a Pam sprayed 8x8 baking dish.
5. Pour the meyer lemon marmalade over the top and gently spread to cover the crumb mixture.
|Meyer lemon marmalade spread over the top of crumb mixture.|
6. Add the remaining crumb mixture to top the marmalade layer. Gently press down with your fingertips to bind the layers.
7. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.